Wednesday 4 April 2012

Journey's End

The Heart of Winter... But made out of shadows. There are human shaped patches of light in the shadows all watching me expectantly. The center. The Cold Boy's palace. I entered it's shadowy counterpart. There was no light and I could hear voices. I recognized The Muffin Man as one of the voices. The Other voice I couldn't recognize.

TMM: The Shadows are hunting you. You can't keep hiding behind Megan. She won't distract them forever.

Voice: (The voice sounded like something whispering while someone else spoke the same words at the same time normally) She will hide me for as long as I require hiding. My brothers will continue to follow her path. She will always lead them tantalizingly close but always away.

TMM: You sure about that?

Voice: Of course. I personally "Organized" her mind.

TMM: You know she was in their possession for a while...

Voice: What? Why didn't you inform me?!

TMM: Not my job to inform you on her whereabouts.

Voice: It is your job to inform me of their actions.

TMM: True... I guess I betrayed you. Probably because I don't like people messing with my sister.

At that moment light shone through and they both saw me at the same moment I could see them.

The Voice was "Brother" but I didn't notice I was too busy staring at my brother.

When you think your brother. the person closest to you, is dead and then you find out their alive you'd think you'd be happy. I guess it's not as happy a moment when you only recently saw your brother horribly murdering people. He stared at me for a few moments and the entire place shook. Shadows were edging  into the palace and it began crumbling as "Brother" sank into the ground disappearing. I paid no attention the the crumbling tower. I just removed the mask and held it out to my brother. He took it quickly and put it on without meeting my eyes. We stood still for a few seconds and then the entire tower crumbled around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment