Saturday 31 March 2012

The Muffin Man

I was walking with The Muffin Man with no clue of the destination. He was telling me about some boy who died recently of hypothermia on a playground somehow in the middle of summer. I wasn't really listening. I had been wondering something.

Me: What are you?

He stopped in the middle of describing the boy's mother's face at the hospital when they announced the boy was dead and turned his head to me.

TMM: I'm me why?

Me: No I mean what are you. You're obviously not human but I can't figure out what kind of servant you are.

TMM: What if I'm not a servant either. Maybe I'm one of the fears.

Me: No I don't think so you don't feel like them.

TMM: Hmm ok true. I guess I'm sort of a free agent or more accurately a meddler. I was once the target of one of the fears but managed to make a deal with them. If they let me live I would serve them. However the fear didn't want me as a servant but at that point a few other fears stepped in. They apparently came up with the idea of  well I guess you could call me a mercenary servant. A bit of power from a number of fears was given to me and I became the servant of all and none of the fears. I am the servant of whoever desires me first. At the moment I was hired to protect you although I will admit I have a personal interest in your protection as well.

I thought for a second.

Me: What's your interest?

TMM: I had a sister once who was taken from me by the fears. You're my chance to make up for losing her.

Me: You're cred as a horrible monster who viciously mutilates people probably dropped a little with that sentence.

TMM: Anyone who doubts my love of mutilation will learn how incorrect they are very quickly.

Me: So where are we going?

TMM: To find The Shadow of Anarchy. You call him "Brother".

Me: Why?

TMM: Well that's why I was hired to protect you. The Shadows want to find your "brother" don't know why and don't care.

Me: ... That body you left in the body bag. It looked like my real brother. It wasn't though right?

TMM: No. It's no coincidence he looked like him but it wasn't him. He died long before that man did.

Me: Alright... So why did he look like him?

TMM: Secret.

So we stopped for a rest. I'm writing this now then going to bed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment